Canker Sore Symptoms
You may have a canker sore if you have:
- A painful sore or sores inside your mouth: on your tongue, on your soft palate (the back portion of the roof of your mouth), or inside your cheeks
- A tingling or burning sensation before the sores appear
- Sores in your mouth that are round, white or gray, with a red edge or border
Heartburn Remedies Home Remedies For (🔥 List Of) | Heartburn Remedies Best Home Remedieshow to Heartburn Remedies for Severe canker sore attacks may also cause:
Canker Sore Diagnosis
Canker sores usually aren’t serious. Call your dentist if you have:
- Unusually large sores
- Sores that spread
- Sores that last 3 weeks or longer
- Extreme pain despite avoiding trigger foods and taking over-the-counter pain medication
- Trouble drinking enough fluids
- A high fever with canker sores
They can usually make a diagnosis the 1 last update 08 Aug 2020 based on a physical exam and your medical history. They might want to test your blood to see whether a vitamin deficiency or another health condition is causing the sores.They can usually make a diagnosis based on a physical exam and your medical history. They might want to test your blood to see whether a vitamin deficiency or another health condition is causing the sores.
Canker Sore Treatment
Pain from a canker sore tends to get better in a few days, and the sores usually heal without treatment in about a week or two. Treatment for large, long-lasting, or unusually painful sores might include:
- Mouthwashes. Your doctor can prescribe a rinse that has a steroid or a painkiller.
- Oral medications. The ulcer drug sucralfate (Carafate) and the gout drug colchicine (Mitigare) can also treat canker sores. Or your doctor might give you steroid pills.
- Nutritional supplements. You might need these if a nutrient deficiency is causing your canker sores.
- Cautery. Dental lasers can help you feel better right away. Your doctor can also cauterize sores with chemicals like debacterol or silver nitrate.
Canker Sore Home Remedies
Heartburn Remedies Acid Reflux Every Day (👍 Disease) | Heartburn Remedies Doesn't Helphow to Heartburn Remedies for Home treatments to speed healing and help you feel better include:
- Topical products. Medicated gels, creams, pastes, and liquids go on the sore.
- Mouth rinses. Mix salt or baking soda in warm water, and swish it around your mouth.
- Milk of magnesia. Put a bit on a cotton swab, and dab it on the sore.
Canker Sore Prevention
There’s no cure for canker sores, and they often come back. But you might get them less often if you:
- Avoid foods that irritate your mouth, including citrus fruits, acidic vegetables, and spicy foods
- Don’t chew gum
- Brush your teeth with a soft-bristled brush after meals, and floss daily, which will keep your mouth free of foods that might trigger a sore